Saturday 6 July 2013

My Boyfriend Tells His Family Everything, Even About Our Sex Life

My boyfriend tells his family everything about us – even details of our sex life. I find it so frustrating.
I’m 16 and my boyfriend is 18. We’ve been together three months and sexually active for two months. We’ve both had previous partners.
We recently went for an STI check and it turns out I have something. I’m being treated but I told my boyfriend so that he could get checked out too. I told him not to say anything because I felt it was a private matter.
He is very close to his older sister and told her what was happening. He regularly tells his sister and his younger brother about our sex life too.
I understand he’s close to his family but it upsets me that he does this. Do they have to know everything?

Recommendations
I can understand you feel this should be kept private. There would have been more justification if he’d felt he needed to share this with his parents but of course you’d rather he didn’t tell his brother and sister.
Sex should be something special between the two people involved. If one of you shares the details it no longer feels so intimate and exclusive.
Tell him that your personal affairs should be kept totally private and be firm with him so that he knows he’s overstepped the mark. If he doesn’t take your feelings on board, then he’s not the guy for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment